Why we exist
The Greater Houston Prayer Community is a Christ-centered and Christ-dependent collaborative existing to unite the Body of Christ in effectual, perpetual prayer and action so that all may come to know in their hearts the love of Jesus poured out through the Holy Spirit unto the glory of God, our Father.
For Greater Houston and other community partners to experience the sustained presence of God that results in permeating cultural, political, ecological and spiritual renewal through united effectual prayer and compassionate service in the name of Jesus.
A Christ Centered Collaboration
- We value Love – Which means we love the Lord with our hearts, souls and minds and our fellowman like Jesus loves us (Matthew 22:37-40, John 15:12)
- We value Repentance & Forgiveness – Which means we choose to walk in the ministry of repentance, forgiveness and reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-20)
- We value Humility – Which means we will repent of our sin, choose to serve over being served and will honor others (2 Chronicles 7:14, Mark 10:45, 1 Peter 2:17)
- We value Compassion – Which means we see and act towards the less fortunate as if they were Jesus (Matthew 25:31-46)
- We value Unity – Which means we see and value the unity of the Body of Christ amidst our ethnic, cultural, Christian, socio-political and economic diversity (John 17:20-24; Ephesians 4:3)
- We value Relationship and Collaboration – Which means we choose to get to know each other and to work together (Matthew 18:20)